Champions crowned at the North Central Division "Land of the Winners" awards banquet
The North Central Division "Land of the Winners" Awards Banquet was held this past Saturday night at the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel Convention Center in Indianapolis Indiana. Champions were crowned in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series , JEGS Super Quick Series, Summit Racing Equipment Jr. Drag Racing Series and the Summit Racing Equipment Bracket Racing Series. Along with the all the Division Champions 2017 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Pro Stock Champion Bo Butner along with NHRA Racing RV's.com Top Dragster National Champion Lynn Ellison were in attendance. Both Champions addressed the 300 plus people that were at the ceremony.
During the Ceremony special awards were also given. New for this season and will continue for years to come was the Leo Taugher Memorial Award given to popular and long-time division starter Brad Beuschel. Brad in his always comedic fashion entertained the crowd with his entrance and speech. The Land of the Winners Person of the Year award was given to everyone's favorite stat guy Nitro Joe Jackson.
2017 NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Champions
· Top Alcohol Dragster- Marty Thacker
· Top Alcohol Funny Car- Tony Bogolo
· Competition Eliminator- Troy Galbraith
· Super Comp- Phil Smida
· Super Gas- Devin Eisenhower
· Super Street- Phil Smida
· Super Stock- Aaron Allison
· Stock Eliminator- T. C. Morris
· Top Sportsman- Alex Bosak
· Top Dragster- JB Strassweg
2017 JEGS Super Quick Series Champion
· Mike Eggleston
2017 NHRA Summit Racing Equipment Bracket Racing Series Champions
· Super Pro-Carl Keil (Milan Dragway)
· Pro- Boyd Butcher (Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis)
· Sportsman- Johnnie Cook (Milan Dragway)
· Super Pro Motorcycle- Thomas Ewig (Rt. 66 Raceway)
2017 NHRA Summit Racing Equipment Jr. Drag Racing Series Division Champions
· 6-9 age group - Julian Gaier
· 10-12 age group - Skyler Bee
· 13-17 age group – Grace Rowe
Special Awards were also given to member tracks and racers. The results were from an online poll and was decided by fellow racers, tracks and fans.
· National Dragster Be a Winner be a Member- Coles County Dragway U.S.A.
· National Dragster Contributor of the year- Rod Viehland (Coles County Dragway U.S.A.)
· Division Member Track of the year- Crossroads Dragway- Terre Haute, Indiana
· Lucas Oil Series track of the year- Summit Motorsports Park- Norwalk, Ohio
· E.T. Bracket Driver of the year- Johnnie Cook (Milan Dragway- Milan, MI)
· Lucas Oil Sportsman mechanic of the year- Phil Smida Sr.
· Lucas Oil Sportsman Driver of the year- (Super Eliminators)- Phil Smida
· Lucas Oil Sportsman Driver of the year- Aaron Allison
· Lucas Oil Pro-Sportsman Mechanic of the year- Larry Hunsaker
· Lucas Oil Pro-Sportsman Driver of the year- Marty Thacker
Division 3 News Archives
Division 3 Latest News